Truebody Health and Fitness
Live chat via "Chatbox" and additional content available to registered users.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Live chat via "Chatbox" and additional content available to registered users.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Keywords

Latest topics
» NEW 2000-5000 CALORIE MEAL PLANS
Should i avoid carbs when trying to lose bodyfat? EmptyTue 8 Apr 2014 - 10:25 by Admin

» 10 Minute Abdominal Terror Workout by Dr. Kareem F. Samhouri
Should i avoid carbs when trying to lose bodyfat? EmptySat 10 Aug 2013 - 15:48 by Admin

» Max Fitness online
Should i avoid carbs when trying to lose bodyfat? EmptySat 24 Nov 2012 - 15:13 by Admin

» Poll feedback
Should i avoid carbs when trying to lose bodyfat? EmptySat 27 Oct 2012 - 5:21 by Admin

» FREE CALORIE CALCULATOR WITH FOOD LOG
Should i avoid carbs when trying to lose bodyfat? EmptySat 21 Jul 2012 - 11:49 by Admin

» HUGE AND RIPPED IN 8 WEEKS
Should i avoid carbs when trying to lose bodyfat? EmptyFri 20 Jul 2012 - 17:15 by Admin

» JOEL MARION XFLD
Should i avoid carbs when trying to lose bodyfat? EmptyWed 18 Apr 2012 - 10:57 by Admin

» A CHEAP EFFECTIVE WAY TO BOOST TESTOSTERONE NATURALLY
Should i avoid carbs when trying to lose bodyfat? EmptyFri 10 Feb 2012 - 15:29 by Admin

» The Get Ripped Diet "Cheat Sheet" 10 Simple Steps to Ultimate Leanness By Tom Venuto, author of Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle
Should i avoid carbs when trying to lose bodyfat? EmptyMon 10 Oct 2011 - 12:39 by Admin

» Big Fat Lies part 7: The Genetic Fat Loss Code‏
Should i avoid carbs when trying to lose bodyfat? EmptyMon 10 Oct 2011 - 12:28 by Admin

» Big Fat Lies part 6: Two Insidious Diseases That Stop Fat Loss‏
Should i avoid carbs when trying to lose bodyfat? EmptyMon 10 Oct 2011 - 12:24 by Admin

» Big Fat Lies part 5: The Calorie Cover-Up‏
Should i avoid carbs when trying to lose bodyfat? EmptyMon 10 Oct 2011 - 12:21 by Admin

» Big Fat Lies part 4: Truth About Liquid Diets‏
Should i avoid carbs when trying to lose bodyfat? EmptyMon 10 Oct 2011 - 12:18 by Admin

» Big Fat Lies part 3: Magazine Corruption‏
Should i avoid carbs when trying to lose bodyfat? EmptyMon 10 Oct 2011 - 12:15 by Admin

» Big Fat Lies part 2: The Fat Burner Fraud‏
Should i avoid carbs when trying to lose bodyfat? EmptyMon 10 Oct 2011 - 10:07 by Admin

» MY REVIEW OF VINCE DEL MONTES- NO NONSENSE MUSCLE BUILDING PROGRAM.
Should i avoid carbs when trying to lose bodyfat? EmptySun 25 Sep 2011 - 14:48 by Admin

» YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED
Should i avoid carbs when trying to lose bodyfat? EmptySat 17 Sep 2011 - 8:05 by Admin

» Muscle Building Myth : The “short workouts” myth
Should i avoid carbs when trying to lose bodyfat? EmptyFri 16 Sep 2011 - 18:17 by Admin

» ANABOLIC AMPLIFIER EFFECT_ FREE E - REPORT
Should i avoid carbs when trying to lose bodyfat? EmptyWed 14 Sep 2011 - 10:14 by Admin

» THE DEATH OF BULKING - FREE E - REPORT
Should i avoid carbs when trying to lose bodyfat? EmptyWed 14 Sep 2011 - 10:05 by Admin

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Like/Tweet/+1
Like/Tweet/+1
Like/Tweet/+1

Should i avoid carbs when trying to lose bodyfat?

Go down

Should i avoid carbs when trying to lose bodyfat? Empty Should i avoid carbs when trying to lose bodyfat?

Post  Admin Sun 21 Aug 2011 - 15:03

The short answer here is NO you dont need to avoid carbs when losing weight. As with fats carbs have also been given a bad rap. Carbs are essential for energy and the breakdown of proteins within our system. The problem we face is that not all people understand the different carb sources and when to use them. For example the only time you should consume fast burning carbs ( sugars, white potatoes, cakes, white breads etc..) is just before or immediately after a workout, even then id be more inclined to use a slower burning carb source prior to a workout. When used immediately after a workout the body is primed to soak up any nutrients that is put into it and fast burning carbs are a great way to replenish energy and kickstart the recovery process when combined with the right amount of protein. Because the body is in this state following a workout the carbs dont get a chance to be deposited as fats as it is burnt up almost immediately. Studies show that consume some fast burning carb options with breakfast can be beneficial as it spikes insulin and early morning is one of the few times you are needed to do this. Something as simple as adding strawberry jam to your toast or a glass of juice is all it takes. Slower burning carbs such as grains, green and root vegetable ( except white potatoes ), whole grain pastas etc... can be consumed throughout the rest of the day in proper portion sizes. When eating carbs it is essential to include a serving of protein along with it for proper health benefits. This doesnt mean you cant enjoy your cakes and other treats or deserts as there are so many healthy versions of these foods out there using whole foods. Even healthy pizza and chicken nugget recipes many of which i have included in the recipe and whole food posts on this site. ( i will continue to post these recipes as time goes by ). The reality is that when you know how the different carb sources are used by the body you will learn that you can keep carbs in your diet and lose weight at the same time. Once you do this and you get your metabolism running at the optimum level you will find that even when eating carbs your body is a fat burning furnace 24/7 and like me can eat pretty much all day long and not gain unwanted bodyfat. For maximum benefits in using any nutrient ( protein, carbs,fat ) a good exercise program is recommended whether it be general health or bodybuilding or sports orientated. I hope this helps and if you require more info like slow/fast burning carb sources be sure to leave a comment. i will post a list of fast and slow burning carbs in a later post for your adantage. Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://Truebody.weebly.com

Back to top Go down